Emotional intelligence (EQ) and Managerial Intelligence (MQ) have been well established as crucial for senior leaders. EQ and MQ are insufficient if your organisation is operating across borders, distance and multiple time zones. Cultural Intelligence CQ is a ‘must have’ skill in todays’ global environment.
CQ is a person’s capacity to function effectively in culturally diverse settings. Although Cultural Intelligence levels vary a great deal between individuals and within teams and organisations, the good news is that with appropriate training and responsiveness it can be developed.
Cultural Intelligence will increase productivity, reduce operating costs and improve talent development and retention.
In terms of your international markets are you asking:
- How can we gain a better understanding of our local markets?
- How can we ensure that critical IP, knowledge and expertise are not lost when we outsource and partner with external parties?
- Why are our project timelines and budgets rarely adhered to?
- Are our international relationships purely transactional?
- Is innovation being stifled?
- Are we a Culturally Intelligent organisation?
- Is CQ part of our organisational DNA?
If you are reading these questions with a nod, then you will intuitively understand that CQ is a business imperative! Cultural Intelligence allows leaders and their organisations a greater sense of connectivity with their local and overseas counterparts, facilitates the ability to tap into ‘what is happening on the ground’ and incorporates the knowledge and expertise to help make informed decisions, quickly and accurately.
At Cultural Synergies we work with individuals, teams and organisations to develop Cultural Intelligence.